Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Gay Activist

Found the pic I was looking for.

Gay Day is always so evocative, and thinking about and writing the post immediately preceding this one made it the more so. No doubt everyone feels the same way confronted with themselves 30 years ago. That said, it is yet another of the unexpected challenges of writing a blog.

This is me speaking at the National Gay Rights Rally in 1976. I cannot remember where in Toronto that speech occurred, though I think it was at City Hall. But the moment itself when I was speaking is burned into me. And, not to be too maudlin, I am still proud of that moment.

Oh well ... here's the photo, the moment, time frozen, long ago, still present.


No idea who took the photo, though I think it was on film in my own camera since I believe that I have the negative. Context here.

No comments: