Friday, May 25, 2007

Wolfie redux

Fine piece in Salon about Wolfowitz by Sidney Blumenthal. My friend JG says I was too soft on Wolfie ... I claimed I was balanced ... but Blumenthal's piece is pretty damning. He talks about Wolfowitz's penchant for the simple idea:

Wolfowitz's vision promised nothing less than a rupture with the entire world order. By one decisive act of will, all that existed -- all -- would be transformed. After a brief, very brief, interval, collective happiness and universal harmony would be ushered in. With shock and awe, change would roll in mighty waves, pounding all with its unceasing force.


The rest of the piece is so detailed and intellectual that it makes me want to buy a bottle of Gravol and read Blumenthal's How Bush Rules: Chronicles of a Radical Regime.

No comments: